The new biography Ernest Sewell and the London Magical Co. by Philip David Treece is available now and can be ordered via this link.
This book details Ernest’s life and career from humble roots, leaving school at fourteen to join the printing industry, through to becoming a B.B.C. radio star and a highly successful entrepreneur. It covers his rise through the ranks of pierrot concerts to becoming one of the leading concert party magicians in the country.
Click the book cover to purchase:
• His huge 1914 tour of Australasia supporting one of the biggest music hall stars of the age, Harry Lauder.
• His relationship with Will Goldston and Stanley Collins.
• The evolution of the London Magical Co. from a small one-room publisher for magicians to a factory employing seventy people, making toys and games for sale around the world.
• The story of how he found fame with his concert party group the Moonstones, becoming a regular star of B.B.C. Radio.
• His success as a solo performer which led to him being the first magician broadcast on television.
• Information on his magic sets, tying together how and why they changed over time.
The book has 80 A4 pages with 78 illustrations, fully indexed. Printed on high-quality satin paper with colour-printed covers.
The book is £15 including UK delivery and £20 including international delivery. It is available to purchase from my Etsy shop by clicking here.
Copies are also available wholesale for dealers, please message for details.
- - - - -
To make space I'm selling a few duplicate items from my collection and some more recent tricks and magazines that now fall outside of the scope of my collection. These can be seen in my Etsy shop by following the below link:
All items are listed with free UK postage for simplicity but if you are outside the UK and interested in an item message me here and I can organise a postage quote.
All proceeds from sales will go towards conservation materials for the ongoing care of the collection.